Friday, August 20, 2010

Makes me sad!

It's no surprise to see Lindsay Lohan's name and then 3 words down, the word rehab, in the news! How does her situation make you feel??? Does it make you shake your head? Does it make you mad? It makes me incredibly sad... and here's why!

Lindsay is 24 years old. Actually just a few months younger than me. She has quite the past. As most of us are aware, she shot to fame when she filmed The Parent Trap and went nowhere but up from there. So how could that lead to where she is now??? She is in the same spot as many 24 year olds that I know, she's just famous so it looks worse and is broadcast to the whole nation.

When life gets icky and sticky and not so nice, where do you turn? What do you do? In Lindsay's case she turned to partying, drinking, smoking- which lead to DUI's, passing out, bad choices. Girls, those things DO NOT numb the situation or make it feel better. It's a temporary outlet with permanent effects. Instead I choose another drug.... I love getting high on my Savior!!!!

God can and will rescue Lindsay IF she opens her heart to him. Life isn't nice all the time and when it's not- RUN to the Lord and He will set you free! He won't make all bad things go away but He'll be there to comfort and hold you. Alcohol, drugs, sex they don't hold you. They make you feel numb for a while and they drop you like a sack of potatoes! God holds you tight and never lets go!!

John 16:33 (The Message)

 31-33Jesus answered them, "Do you finally believe? In fact, you're about to make a run for it—saving your own skins and abandoning me. But I'm not abandoned. The Father is with me. I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world." 

I love those verses!! He promises that we will have hard times but that He has overcome! Look to the Lord when things get bad! And pray for Lindsay to see God's grace and mercy. I think she could use some prayers!
LOVE YOU GIRLS!

Living it out,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment